The mealplans cover groceries and dinner recipes for four days, always for two people. Except on Mondays, when I cook for 3 small children and three adults.
What we ate:
Wednesday: Chicons gratin (or Belgian endives with cheese and ham, browned under the grill).
Thursday, I’ll be meeting up with a business associate who is taking me out for dinner, which means the paleo bolognese I had planned will move over to Friday.
This is my shopping list to cover for these four dinners and more:
- White cabbage (I still have some in the fridge from last week)
- Carrots, 2 kilo
- Broccoli, 2 heads
- Zucchini, 3 medium ones
- Endives, 4 of them
- Mushrooms, half a kilo
- Full fat cream
- Gouda cheese, 4 slices
- Shredded emmenthaler or gruyere cheese
- Blue cheese
- Steak, grass-fed, two of them
- Quality ham, 4 slices
- Pork chops, 1 kilo for 3 children and 3 adults
- Minced beef and pork for the bolognese, I will pick up after work on Friday
- Red wine
- I also bought herring, apples, yellow peppers and red beets as a start for this week’s lunches. My better half asked me to provide boxed lunches to take with him to work, and I promised that I would see what I can do….
From the pantry:
Olive oil, parsley, butter, garlic, ground sea salt and ground black pepper.