Spaghetti, or any pasta, is off limits for celiacs like Gert. Of course, there is gluten free spaghetti. Most of these are made with rice or corn meal. Not our cup of tea either because these are not paleo.
Enter courgetti. Long strips of zucchini, baked in garlic and olive oil and topped with the sauce of your liking. Much healthier, and really, much more flavourful.
Because my time was very limited – we were really really hungry – I didn’t bother making zucchini strips. I just shredded all the available veggies is my food processor.
It is a really simple dish that goes down well as comfort food on a cold evening. It has loads of vegetables. We even had leftovers for lunch the next day.
What I used:
- 3 zucchini’s
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 kilo mushrooms
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 onions
- 1/2 kilo passata
- 80 grams tomato paste
- A glass of red wine
- 1/2 kilo minced meat (I used pure beef)
- shredded cheese (I used two types, parmesan and goat’s cheese)
What I did:
- Shred all the vegetables in a food processor or chop them finely
- Fry the minced meat in olive oil and garlic until browned
- Add red wine and wait until it is evaporated
- Add the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper, stir until they are soft.
- Add the passata and tomato paste.
- Simmer over low heat until you are satisfied with the taste and consistency.
- Top with shredded cheese to your liking.
That’s all. It looks the same on a plate, so no extra pictures!