Today, a friend of ours was coming over for dinner. With a bottle of wine.
Obviously, in such a case, the important thing is to be with our guest and chat as long as possible. I needed a simple, quick dish, using the leftovers of this weeks groceries.
I opted for an oven dish with sliced tomatoes, doused with a mixture of tamari, mustard and olive oil, with fish fillets and the rest of the mustard sauce on top. And a wok with garlicky mushrooms and green cabbage as a side dish. Also seasoned with tamari sauce.
It’s fast, ready before you know it. You do need to use the oven and a wok or frying pan. All in all, under half an hour for the complete dish from start to finish.
This is what I used:
Three rectangles of fish from the freezer, defrosted of course – green cabbage – mushrooms – tomatoes. For the sauce: tamari – olive oil – mustard. Tamari is like soy sauce, but wheat free. Also, garlic, salt and pepper!
This is what you do:
- Slice the tomatoes, arrange them in an oven dish.
- Mix a few tablespoons of olive oil with a tablespoon of mustard and tamari sauce and spoon over the tomatoes.
- Pile the fish fillets on top of the tomatoes and pour the remaining mustard sauce over them.
While the fishies and tomatoes are baking, slice a bit of garlic, chop your green cabbage and mushrooms.
Heat a wok and melt some coconut or olive oil in it.
- Add the garlic to the wok first, then the cabbage and mushrooms.
- Move those veggies around until well oiled.
- Add some water to steam them under the lid, but don’t overdo it.
- Add the tamari sauce.
- Close the lid and let simmer until the fish is ready to serve.
Arrange everything on a plate and stuff your face!